Monday, September 03, 2012

Where Have You Been??

Wow.  It has been a long time since I have written.  I could come up with any number of excuses...I have been working on my Masters...I have moved - twice...I have been teaching...I have been lazy...  The list goes on, and really, it is all true.  I promise to catch you up on everything later.  The important thing here is that we are back.  Yippee!

I have been on a healthy kick recently - yes, I admit it has only been in my head, but hey it's a start, right??  I started by joining Curves and actually going there a few times each week.  This has been surprisingly pleasant and I find that I try to come up with excuses not to go much less frequently than I ever have tried to avoid exercise before.  I hope it becomes a habit for me, like napping and eating late at night.

Abs starts first grade tomorrow.  I. am. not. ready. for. this.  I have been driving my mother crazy with all of the preparations, but being the good sport that she is, she was steadfastly ironing a weeks' worth of pink, glittery, ruffly outfits today.  Good woman, that one - and she's mine, all mine!

I ordered Abs a thermal lunch tote from Thirty One - love them!  And I packed her first lunch of the school year tonight.  I am going to be honest here and say that this is inspired by Pinterest, but I have made a few alterations for my girl.

The lunch contains, clockwise from top left:
chocolate Teddy Grahams
diced, dried plums
turkey pepperoni curled around whipped Philadelphia cream cheese
grape tomatoes
Babybel cheese
green grapes
apple juice (sugar free)
oatmeal raisin cookie
Ritz cheese crackers
Snackwell yogurt covered pretzels
a love note (found at It's Written On the Wall)


Overboard?  Maybe.  And I know she won't eat it all.  But she will have choices, and for the most part, they are healthy ones.

I am going to try to post these lunches, but I make no promises, people.  I have naps to take!!

Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.

Mindi


No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...