Monday, September 10, 2012

Guest Teaching

Last night, I got a text message from Abs's (is that right??) first grade teacher asking me if I could substitute teach for the afternoon today.  I took her up on it, but I have mixed feelings about it.  First of all, it is hard on Abs because she is used to me, her mommy, not me, her teacher.  I also feel like I treat her more in a more strict manner than I do anyone else in an effort to prove that I am not playing favorites.  Who am I trying to prove anything to?  I don't know, but it is a tough situation.  The reason I did it is twofold - one, I want the money.  Two, I don't want anyone I don't know teaching my child.  So, I guess I would do it again if I were asked to.  

Jules is on the mend from her surgery, but now she has a whopper of a head/chest cold.  Ugh.  Poor thing just can't catch a break.  She spent well over an hour and a half today in this way...

That's my mom, better known as YaYa.  She sat there with Jules asleep on her shoulder for so long, she could not feel her right leg anymore.  This is what grandparents are for.  Jules slept better there than she does in her own bed.  Just look at the "loosey lips."

Here is Abs's lunch for tomorrow.

LesserEvil Krinkle Sticks
Grape Fruitabu
Apple & Eve apple juice (we will be switching to grape soon - she is getting appled out
Red grapes
Yogurt (vanilla and chocolate) covered raisins
Strawberries
Cream cheese and cinnamon raisin bread sandwich
Oven roasted turkey breast
Grape tomatoes
Babybel cheese
Cinnamon apple mini rice cakes

In case you are wondering why she never gets a PB&J, the reason is, again, twofold.  One, there is a child in her class with a severe peanut allergy and Abs sits at the "allergy" table in the cafeteria because my girl has food allergies to pancake syrup (of any kind - can someone explain this to me?) and to shellfish.  I am not going to put someone else's child into shock so my child can have PB&J.  Secondarily, Abs is not a fan of PB&J anyway.  So there you have it.

Until tomorrow. 

Mindi
 



No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...