Sunday, September 16, 2012

Overdrive

Seriously, I have so many things I want to talk about.  Cute hairstyles, lunches, moving to Chicago, Walden (the university, not the pond), movies, shopping, Sonlight (yes, I spelled it right!)...the list goes on and on.  Where to start?

Ok, here is Abs's lunch for tomorrow.  I cannot wait until Jules is in preschool so I can send her with a lunch, too!  I cannot express how good it makes me feel to know that she is putting healthy food in her body when she is at school.  I just am not a fan of school lunches - maybe because their idea of breakfast (which she does NOT eat there) is sugary cereal or pancakes with maple syrup.  Now, both of these foods are good and fun in moderation, but not daily, people.  Why do you think obesity is so prevalent in children these days?  Because they eat too much junk.  All this being said, I am certainly not the poster child for healthy eating.  But I'm gonna get better...I am.

You may ask why the lunch tote is in the picture, and it is because Emily, my luuurvely Thirty One rep, asked me to send a picture to her of a lunch and the bag so she can show her peeps all that can fit in this puppy.  It's a lot, I tell you, and there is room to spare.  Anyway, here it is (I know, I said that already):

Keebler Cheddar and Cheese cracker sandwich thingys (there is a peanut butter allergy in Abs' class and I don't want her to take any chances with that little girl, who she sits by at lunch)
Ken's Buttermilk Ranch dressing (for the veggies)
Dried, diced plums
Honey baked ham
Babybel cheese
Rotini pasta tossed with Italian dressing
Honest Kids Goodness Grapeness grape juice
Raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
Fruit salad (strawberries, pineapple and red grapes)
Strawberry Pocky
a love note

This weekend was great - got a paper done, picked paint colors for the new abode (or at least narrowed them down), spent time with the kiddos and the mom, read books, aaaand that's about it.

Laters.

Mindi

No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...