Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lunch and Some Blogs I Love

So, I feel like I am getting my groove on with the school lunches that I pack for Abs.  She seems to really enjoy them...particularly the notes.  Again, I have It's Written on the Wall to thank for those little freebies.  Love her and her products!  Check her out by clicking on the above link or by finding it on my sidebar thingy over there on the right.

Anyway, I try to make sure that there are lots of fruits and veggies in her lunch, and some protein, too.  For those of you who know us personally (you know who you are), you have seen this child and you know that she is slender.  Her little sister is a pixie, as well.  Because of this, I try to incorporate some fat into each lunch, too.  I sprinkle a little sugar and love on the whole thing and into the pink lunch bag it goes.  Napkin and cute utensils are mandatory.  I get a lot of my lunch ideas from Pinterest and from other mommish types of blogs.  Have you read 100 Days of Real Food yet?  If not, you must.  While I don't follow Lisa's menu plans to the letter, I have some very utopic (do you hear the angels singing?) ideas of what the family will be eating when we all end up together in Chicago, which, for those of you keeping a countdown, is only eight days away.  Wow!

For tomorrow, we have:


Ritz cheese crackers (one of Ab's faves!)
Cinnamon Apple rice cakes
Fig Newtons (Daddy, are you watching??)
Yogurt covered raisins/dried diced plums/a piece of orange jelly fruit candy for a little surprise
Homemade carrot and raisin cookie sandwich, held together by cream cheese frosting
Raw broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
String cheese
Honey baked ham
Sugar free grape juice
Pluot/kiwi/craisin mixture
A love note

Have you ever tried a pluot?  They are amazing.  Seriously.  This fruit is a mixture of a plum and an apricot.  It tastes more like a plum than an apricot, though.  Juicy and sweet.  I find mine at Sam's Club.  Go there, folks, right now.  Buy them, eat them, and rejoice in their yummy loveliness.

Abby said to me yesterday, "Mom, you aren't ever going to stop putting love notes in my lunch are you?  Please don't ever stop."  My heart melted, and I replied, "I won't stop, sweetie."

You got it, kiddo.  Done.  Even when you are a teenager and it is embarrassing beyond measure, I will not stop telling you every single day that I love you.  Because, inside, you will love it. I know you will.

Mindi



 

No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...