Monday, September 24, 2012

The Final Countdown

Abs had a wonderful last day at Ettrick.  In less than one week, she will start at her new school in Libertyville, IL.  Even though she was only there for three weeks, she loved it and was welcomed by the teachers and the students alike.  Despite warnings about this school (they get very low standardized test scores) she thrived there and I would not change this time at all.  She did so much writing!

Spent the better part of the afternoon packing the van (my girls call it "Tuxie" and insist that it is a girl).  Not quite done yet, but only a few suitcases and food left to go and then we are on our way.  We plan on taking the northern route, stopping somewhere in Ohio for the night - has to be a hotel with WiFi since I have a paper due tomorrow.  We need to be in Libertyville, IL by 5 p.m. on Wednesday for the home inspection, so I figure as long as we leave by 7 or 8 a.m. on Wednesday, we should be ok. 

Girls are turning into prunes in the bathtub.  Better go help them.  How old is too old to have a bath with your sister, do you think?  Abs and Jules still bathe together and they are 6 and 3 years old.  Sam, the oldest one, who is 9, opted out of this when she was 8.  I let them make this choice for themselves and most of the time, they are pretending to be mermaids in there together.

Thoughts?

Mindi 

2 comments:

Jenny Slatt said...

Let them be young & bathe together as long as they wish.... They both have the same parts ;) safe travels & live to you all. I'll check in on you tomorrow!!!

mindigayle71 said...

I agree. I guess they will eventually want privacy and do their own thing. Miss you!

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...