Thursday, September 06, 2012

She is not prejudiced...and I intend to keep it that way

Abs goes to a school that is a true mixing bowl.  Being a person who lived in three separate countries (and continents, for that matter) and five states while growing up, I can honestly say that I am not comfortable with the idea that some children do not experience people from all races on a normal basis.  Sending a child to a school that is predominantly one race or one religion is not a picture of how life really is, nor does it prepare them for life in the real world.  Of course, many people out there are going to disagree with me on this, but this is my blog...and my opinion is the one that counts here.  So there.

Anyway, Abs came home from her first day at school and the one comment that she made that sticks with me is, "Mom, there were girls in my class that had sooo many beads in their hair.  That was a nice surprise!"  Bless her heart.  I hope she never, ever loses this attitude.



I know you have been waiting for it, so here is her lunch for tomorrow:

Dark chocolate covered raisins
Puffins cereal
Whole wheat Ritz crackers and Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese
Apple & Eve apple juice, with no sugar added!
Quaker soft baked oatmeal and raisin cookie
Straberry Fruitabu
oven roasted turkey breast
string cheese
grape tomatoes
fresh sliced kiwi
aaaand, a love note from one of my favorite sites

 Still haven't figured out why these pics are sideways. Sorry for the photo quality today, too.

Well, there you have it.  Until next time.

Mindi



No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...