Saturday, October 06, 2012

Where Did the Week Go?

This week has been a flurry of moving, unpacking, reboxing stuff for Goodwill, and discovering items we have not seen for four months, which makes us wonder if we even needed them in the first place.  It is amazing how children can outgrow shoes in four months.  Jules is into a size 8 shoe now, but she is still 26 pounds and turns four on Monday.  My baby girl is growing up.  She is so smart, too.  Today, I started homeschooling her.  She will still attend The Goddard School, but I will be supplementing with reading and bible study for 20 minutes five days per week.  We got our curriculum through Sonlight.  I love this curriculum.  It is customizable and it is (at least in the younger years for 3-5 year olds) primarily learning through reading stories and the bible.  I am not a bible-beater, nor do I even attend church every week, but I do want my girls to know about religion, particularly Christian religion.  I also want for them to learn about all of the other religions so that they can make an informed choice when they get older.  Ok, stepping off my box now.  Anyway, if you want to check it out, it is pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Tonight, as part of her lesson, we read Genesis 1 in this book.
Family-Time Bible in Pictures by Kenneth N. Taylor






Then we read this book.
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
After I read it to her, we went back through it and found the mouse on every page.  Tomorrow, we will make a bowl of "mush" just like in the book.  Really, it will be Cream of Mushroom soup.



Speaking of food, Abs took this to school on Friday for lunch and snack.

Fruitables fruit/veggie drink in Tropical Orange (a big hit!)
Swedish fish
Fresh mozzarella
Whole wheat goldfish
Green grapes
Squeezers squashed bananas
Chewy granola bar
Turkey and whipped cream cheese roll-ups
Rice cracker snack mix
and a love note from Daddy.

Today, we bought our first HD flat screen TV.  We are so excited!  It is in our bedroom.  I feel like we are at the movies.  Yippee!!

Tomorrow, I am hoping to have a guest blogger.  We shall see...

Min


No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...