Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Snow Day

We are having our first snow day of Winter 2012/2013 here in Chicagoland.  I was actually shocked that they called it last night when it had not even started snowing yet.  However, since the chance of snow was predicted at 100%, I am guessing they felt pretty secure in this decision.  Sitting here looking out the window, I can see how parents who are fortunate enough to have a bus pick their children up (we live too close to the school for this at .8 of a mile) would feel antsy about having the kiddos come home on such slippery streets.

Soooo, we have had our own version of school here.  We studied Samuel in the Bible and then started our science lesson in this book.

Usborne Flip Flap Body Book by Alistair Smith
Sorry about the really small picture, but as I tried to make it bigger, it became really distorted.  I really like Usborne books - they are high quality in terms of materials and they are straightforward with regard to science.  Today we learned about where our food goes.  As you can imagine, when we got to the part where food exits the body, there was some giggling.  Aaaand the girls learned a new word for that body part.  We had always called it the "pooper" or "butt" before, but now they know the proper name.  Not sure if this is a good thing or not...

Snow days...gotta love them.

Min

No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...