Sunday, December 02, 2012

December 2

Today, our craft from the Creative Christmas Countdown was supposed to be an ornament making station for the kiddos.  Now, I consider myself a pretty good mom.  I have a bit of a short fuse, but I attribute that to working and unpacking and having children and having a husband and completing my Masters all at the same time as trying to find a job.  That being said, I am a little too OCD to encourage the children to make ornaments out of recycled trash, bits and pieces and odds and ends.  I guess I prefer that our ornaments be a bit more...refined, if you will.

So, tonight I slightly altered the activity to decorating clear glass ornaments with ribbons, glue, glitter, sharpie markers and paint.  Tomorrow, I am going to fill them with tinsel and then take pictures so you can see what they did.  They were really cute and, yes, Dan and I each made one, too.

Then they opened an advent book.  Tonight's surprise was

Sadie and the Snowman by Allen Morgan
This book is more about winter than Christmas.  I like it because it is about a little girl who is determined not to lose her best friend, her snowman.  Her perseverance guarantees that she will see him again.  I bet you can't guess how she does it...

Jingle was sighted again today.  He was reading one of the girls' holiday books. Wonder what he will be up to next time?

I am loving this craft-a-day stuff and the advent books!  What are your most treasured holiday traditions?

By the way, I am only 20 days away from FINISHING MY MASTERS DEGREE!!

But I am not excited about it or anything.

Mindi

No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...