Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It Has Been Too Long



Well, I could offer lots of reasons why I have not written in quite awhile. I should. But I won't. Much has happened in the last few years - most of it good - and I suppose it will all come to light through these entries. For now, I want to talk about the girls.





Samara is seven years old now and in the first grade. Hard to believe that she is reading chapter books, riding two-wheelers, swimming on her own, dancing in the Charleston Ballet and learning gymnastics. We do not get to see her nearly as much as we would like to, but we treasure the time that we have with her and enjoy every moment of the warmth she projects.









Abigail is four and in preschool. She is learning to break the written word down into it's individual phonetic sounds - I think reading is right around the corner. Her hair is almost down to the small of her back and she is proud to tell people that she is going to get it cut and give it to "sick little girls who lost all their hair". This will be a bittersweet day for sure, as we will miss her long locks, but that she is learning to be selfless is a point of pride for us.





Last, but certainly not least, our little pixie. Juliana is the light of our lives. At 15 months and only weighing in at 17 pounds, this Daddy's girl is a peanut, but she is mighty! More than once, I have watched as our four year old runs from her, lest she get caught and there be a smackdown. Juli, I fear, would win. She is steady on her feet, running from one delight to another, and has a sparkle in her eye that makes us a little nervous when considering the years to come.



Sorry we have been gone for so long, but it is good to be back.






No comments:

Teaching is Hard

I'm have been teaching in some capacity since 2003. I started out as a substitute teacher and did that while I went BACK to school and g...